Monday 8 October 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Dersoir and Roy Royer.
Vacation from Marriage, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1945 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Roy Royer: Rock guitarist (Procol Harum).
- Roland Dersoir: French race horse jockey/ driver, and father of harness racer Jean-Loïc-Claude Dersoir.
- Strawberry Gatts: American adventurer and New Age multi-tasker.
- Jean-Louis Touraine: French medical teacher and politician, a member of the National Assembly of France who represents the Rhône department, and is a member of the Socialiste, radical, citoyen et divers gauche.
- John Betsch: American drummer.
- Truman announced atomic bomb secret shared with Britain and Canada
- US President Harry Truman announces atomic bomb secret shared with Britain and Canada.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- That's For Me - Dick Haymes
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- It's Been A Long, Long Time - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Harry James & His Orchestra