Sunday 21 October 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nikita Mikhalkov and Kathy Young.
Johnny Angel, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1945 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Nikita Mikhalkov: Director (Dark Eyes, Slave of Love).
- Kathy Young: rocker ("Thousand Stars in the Sky").
- Everett McGill: American actor.
- Michael White: English journalist.
- Argentine military officer and politician Juan Peron marries actress Eva Peron.
- Women's suffrage: Women are allowed to vote in France for the first time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Buy That Dream - Hal McIntyre & His Orchestra
- Chickery Chick - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra