Friday 26 October 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 26, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jaclyn Smith and Emmanuel Lafont.
Spellbound, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1945 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Jaclyn Smith: TV Actress.
- Emmanuel Lafont: French Catholic clergyman, the bishop of the Diocese of Cayenne in French Guiana since 2004.
- Demetris Gotsis: Greek poet and author.
- Jaclyn Smith in Houston: Texas, USA; actress (Charlie's Angels, Nightkill).
- Nancy Griffeth: American computer scientist and academic.
- Demetris Th Gotsis: Greek poet and author.
- Pat Conroy: American writer (Great Santini, Prince of Tides).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- That's for Me - Jo Stafford
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)