Monday 29 October 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 29, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Vignoble and Melba Moore.
Fallen Angel, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1945 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Gérard Vignoble
- Melba Moore: American singer and actress, she is known for her powerful voice.
- Mick Gallagher: English keyboard player and songwriter (The Animals The Blockheads and Skip Bifferty).
- Sandy Berger: Public Servant.
- Gerrit Ybema: Dutch civil servant and politician (d. 2012).
- Ron Maag: American businessman and politician.
- Melba Moore in New York City: New York, USA; singer/actress (Ellis Island).
- 1st ball point pen goes on sale, 57 years after it is patented
- Happy Chandler, resigns as US Senator, remains as baseball commish
- First ball-point pen goes on sale in USA, at Gumbel's of New York, for US$12.50. Nearly 10,000 are sold on the first day.
- Getulio Vargas, president of Brazil, resigns.