Tuesday 30 October 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 30, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Winkler and Laura Desjardins.
Fallen Angel, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1945 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Henry Winkler: American actor who became popular as the brash ultra-cool biker Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli on the TV series "Happy Days," which made a debut on 1/15/1974, running for over ten years.
- Laura Desjardins: American astrologer, author and lecturer, delving into the science of the cosmos and effects on life patterns since 1972.
- Andreas Schmidt-Schaller
- André Caudron: Belgian, enthusiastic carom billiards player of a good level, father of billiard champion Frédéric Caudron.
- Glenn Poshard: (Rep-D-Illinois).
- Alida Del Grande: Italian homemaker, married to Enea Del Grande on 6/02/1969 in Baveno.
- Henry Winkler in New York City: USA; actor (Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzerelli - Happy Days, Night Shift).
- Luc Béraud: French director of film and television, film producer, and screenwriter.
- Branch Rickey signs Jackie Robinson to a Montreal Royals
- US government announces end of shoe rationing.
- Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers to break the baseball color barrier.
- The undivided country of India joins the United Nations. Pakistan is formed and joins later.
- International Labour Organization (ILO) In 1945, the organisation's new constitution came into effective.
- John H. Johnson publishes the first issue of the magazine ''Ebony''.
- Telechron introduces the model 8H59 ampquotMusalarmampquot, the first clock radio.