Thursday 25 October 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 25, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Norman Schramm and Joan Borysenko.
Bugambilia, directed by Emilio Fernández, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1945 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- David Norman Schramm: Physicist.
- Joan Borysenko: American metaphysician and author; Borysenko trained as a medical scientist and psychologist but followed her vision to bring science, medicine, psychology and spirituality together in the service of healing.
- Peter Ledger: Australian-American painter and illustrator (d. 1994).
- Robert Ley: German Nazi leader (Born 1890).
- Japanese surrender Taiwan to General Chiang Kai-shek.
- The Republic of China takes over administration of Taiwan following Japan's surrender to the Allies.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)