Tuesday 9 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Sidney and Robert H van Gulik.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1910 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Sylvia Sidney: Actress.
- Robert H van Gulik: Dutch diplomat / writer (Judge Ti).
- Robert Van Gulik: Duch orientalist, diplomat, musician (of the guqin), and writer, best known for theJ udge Dee historical mysteries, the protagonist of which he borrowed from the 18th-century Chinese detective novel Dee Goong An.
- Huo Yuan Jia: Chinese martial artist (Born 1868).
- Alva Fisher patents electric washing machine
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Contes D' Hoffman - Barcolle Belle Nuit (Oh, Night of Love) - Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti
- Carmen - Il Flor Che Aveci A Me (Flower Song) - John McCormack