Monday 29 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Anderson (fiddler) and Robert Pineda-Duque.
The Wrong Box, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1910 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Tom Anderson (fiddler)
- Robert Pineda-Duque: Composer.
- Tom Anderson: Scottish renowned fiddler and composer of over 500 tunes, mostly of the Shetland fiddling style.
- Morris Graves: Artist.
- René Billeres: Ger prés Lourdes Politician.
- Vivien Thomas: American surgeon and academic (d. 1985).
- Mary Kennedy: American astrologer, joined AFA in December 1963.
- Japan changes Korea's name to Chosen and appoints a governor-general to rule its new colony.
- Emperor Sunjong of the Korean Empire abdicates and the country's monarchy is abolished.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Call Me Up Some Rainy Afternoon - Ada Jones & American Quartet
- Every Little Movement - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Humoresque - Mischa Elman