Monday 29 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Anderson (fiddler) and Robert Pineda-Duque.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Rosary Florence by L. Barcla was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1910 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Tom Anderson (fiddler)
- Robert Pineda-Duque: Composer.
- Tom Anderson: Scottish renowned fiddler and composer of over 500 tunes, mostly of the Shetland fiddling style.
- Mary Kennedy: American astrologer, joined AFA in December 1963.
- René Billeres: Ger prés Lourdes Politician.
- Vivien Thomas: American surgeon and academic (d. 1985).
- Japan changes Korea's name to Chosen and appoints a governor-general to rule its new colony.
- Emperor Sunjong of the Korean Empire abdicates and the country's monarchy is abolished.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Overture 1812
- Two Gentlemen from Ireland - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?