Saturday 6 August 1910US date format: 8/6/1910, UK date format: 6/8/1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 6, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Crichton and Friedrich Schroder.
Summertime, directed by Catherine Corsini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1910 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Charles Crichton: English director producer and...
- Friedrich Schroder: Composer.
- William J Law: Sailor.
- New York City Mayor Wm J Gaynor seriously wounded during assassination attempt
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda