Sunday 28 August 1910
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tjalling Koopmans and Morris Graves.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Kingdom of Slender Swords by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1910 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Tjalling Koopmans: Dutch American mathematician and economist, who won with Leonid Kantorovich the 1975 Nobel Prize in Economic Science.
- Morris Graves: American painter and academic (d. 2001).
- Montenegro is proclaimed an independent kingdom under Nicholas I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Overture 1812
- Two Gentlemen from Ireland - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?