Friday 19 August 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Blareau and Quentin Bell.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Kingdom of Slender Swords by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1910 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Contes D' Hoffman - Barcolle Belle Nuit (Oh, Night of Love) - Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti
- Carmen - Il Flor Che Aveci A Me (Flower Song) - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?