Saturday 20 August 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mireille Ducos and Eero Saarinen.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1910 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Mireille Ducos: Séte Writer.
- Eero Saarinen: Finnish-American architect and furniture designer designed the Gateway Arch (d. 1961).
- Arthur Coquard: French composer and music critic.
- US supported opposition brings down Madriz in Nicaragua
- The Great Fire of 1910 (also commonly referred to as the Big Blowup or the Big Burn) occurred in northeast Washington, northern Idaho (the panhandle), and western Montana, burning approximately 3 million acres (12,000 km2).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Harry Lauder - We Parted on the Shore
- You Taught Me How to Love You, Now Teach Me to Forget - Joe Maxwell
- When Shadows Gather - John McCormack
- If He Comes In, I'm Goin' Out - Arthur Collins