Saturday 20 August 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mireille Ducos and Eero Saarinen.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Max Katherine by Cecil Thurston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1910 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Mireille Ducos: Séte Writer.
- Eero Saarinen: Finnish-American architect and furniture designer designed the Gateway Arch (d. 1961).
- Arthur Coquard: French composer and music critic.
- US supported opposition brings down Madriz in Nicaragua
- The Great Fire of 1910 (also commonly referred to as the Big Blowup or the Big Burn) occurred in northeast Washington, northern Idaho (the panhandle), and western Montana, burning approximately 3 million acres (12,000 km2).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Harry Lauder - We Parted on the Shore
- If He Comes In, I'm Goin' Out - Arthur Collins
- When Shadows Gather - John McCormack
- You Taught Me How to Love You, Now Teach Me to Forget - Joe Maxwell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?