Monday 8 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Sydney and Sylvia Sidney.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1910 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Sylvia Sydney: American character actress of stage, screen and film, who rose to prominence in the 1930s appearing in numerous crime dramas.
- Sylvia Sidney: Bronx, New York -- Actress (WKRP, Sabotage, Beetlejuice, Demon).
- Francisco Brochado: Da Rocha Prime Minister of Brazil (1962).
- Eugène Leroy: French painter; at young age he travelled to Rome and by the age of 21 had studied of the École des Beaux-Arts in Lille and in Paris; yet he would return to the region of his childhood, making his home and studio there for most of his life.
- Jimmy Murphy: Welsh-English footballer and manager (d. 1989).
- The US Army installs the first tricycle landing gear on the Army's Wright Flyer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Contes D' Hoffman - Barcolle Belle Nuit (Oh, Night of Love) - Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti
- Carmen - Il Flor Che Aveci A Me (Flower Song) - John McCormack