Saturday 27 August 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mireille Jospin and Teresa.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1910 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Mireille Jospin: French midwife, mother of ex-Prime Minister Lionel Jospin, she chose the day of her death.
- Teresa: Born in what is now Macedonia, a nun and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
- Clement of Maasdijk: 1st Dutch aircraft death.
- Using 20,137,000 candlepower arc lights, 2 amateur baseball teams play a night game at White Sox Park
- Washington Red Killefer sacrifices record 4 times against Detroit
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Overture 1812
- Two Gentlemen from Ireland - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?