Tuesday 9 September 1919US date format: 9/9/1919, UK date format: 9/9/1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Marin and Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder.
The Dragon Painter, directed by William Worthington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1919 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Jacques Marin: Paris, France -- Actor (Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo).
- Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder: Gambler / sportscaster (lay you 5 to 1).
- Richard Webb: Bloomington, Illinois -- Actor (Invisible Monster, Git).
- Maria Lassnig: Artist.
- Gottfried Dienst: Swiss footballer and referee (d. 1998).
- Jimmy Snyder: American sportscaster (d. 1996).
- Jimmy ''the Greek'' Snyder: American bookmaker and sports commentator (d. 1996).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Fritz Kreisler
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Bert Williams
- Everybody Wants a Key to My Cellar - Bert Williams
- Anything is Nice if it Comes from Dixie - American Quartet
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Helen Clark & George Wilton Ballard