Tuesday 9 September 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Marin and Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder.
Back to God's Country, directed by David M. Hartford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1919 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Jacques Marin: Paris, France -- Actor (Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo).
- Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder: Gambler / sportscaster (lay you 5 to 1).
- Richard Webb: Bloomington, Illinois -- Actor (Invisible Monster, Git).
- Jimmy ''the Greek'' Snyder: American bookmaker and sports commentator (d. 1996).
- Gottfried Dienst: Swiss footballer and referee (d. 1998).
- Jimmy Snyder: American sportscaster (d. 1996)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?