Friday 9 August 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Aldrich and Kermit Beahan.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1918 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert Aldrich: Director / producer (Last Sunset), dies at 65.
- Kermit Beahan: American colonel (d. 1989).
- Giles Cooper: Irish soldier and playwright (d. 1966).
- Albert Seedman: American police officer (d. 2013).
- Reds manager Christy Mathewson suspects Hal Chase of taking bribes to fix games, and suspends him for indifferent play
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smiles - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- If He Can Fight Like He Can Love (Good Night, Germany) - Farber Sisters
- Al Jolson - Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody