Friday 9 August 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Aldrich and Kermit Beahan.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1918 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert Aldrich: Director / producer (Last Sunset), dies at 65.
- Kermit Beahan: American colonel (d. 1989).
- Giles Cooper: Irish soldier and playwright (d. 1966).
- Albert Seedman: American police officer (d. 2013).
- Reds manager Christy Mathewson suspects Hal Chase of taking bribes to fix games, and suspends him for indifferent play
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smiles - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- If He Can Fight Like He Can Love (Good Night, Germany) - Farber Sisters
- Al Jolson - Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody