Friday 9 August 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Aldrich and Kermit Beahan.
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1918 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert Aldrich: Director / producer (Last Sunset), dies at 65.
- Kermit Beahan: American colonel (d. 1989).
- Giles Cooper: Irish soldier and playwright (d. 1966).
- Albert Seedman: American police officer (d. 2013).
- Reds manager Christy Mathewson suspects Hal Chase of taking bribes to fix games, and suspends him for indifferent play
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?