Wednesday 9 February 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carla Candiani and Pascal Monod.
Silas Marner, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 February 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1916 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Carla Candiani: Italian actress, who died in Anagni on 2 July 2005.
- Pascal Monod: Bordeaux physician.
- Tex Hughson: American baseball player (Born 1916).
- Hynek Ignac Frantisek Vojacek composer: dies at age 90.
- NL votes down a proposal by Giants, Braves, and Cubs to increase club player limit from 21 to 22 (The Reds want to decrease to 20)
- 6.00 p.m. ampndash Tristan Tzara quotfoundsquot the art movement Dadaism (according to Hans Arp).
- Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra presents its first concert.
- The Romanian football club Sportul Studenţesc is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means the World to Me) - Henry Burr
- Araby - Harry Macdonough
- You'd Never Know That Old Home Town of Mine - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- He's Got a Bungalow - Arthur Fields
- When Old Bill Bailey Plays the Ukelele - Peerless Quartet
- Is There Still Room for Me 'Neath the Old Apple Tree? - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell