Wednesday 9 February 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carla Candiani and Pascal Monod.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Charles Swickard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Life and Gabriella by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1916!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 February 1916 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Carla Candiani: Italian actress, who died in Anagni on 2 July 2005.
- Pascal Monod: Bordeaux physician.
- Tex Hughson: American baseball player (Born 1916).
- Hynek Ignac Frantisek Vojacek composer: dies at age 90.
- NL votes down a proposal by Giants, Braves, and Cubs to increase club player limit from 21 to 22 (The Reds want to decrease to 20)
- 6.00 p.m. ampndash Tristan Tzara quotfoundsquot the art movement Dadaism (according to Hans Arp).
- Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra presents its first concert.
- The Romanian football club Sportul Studenţesc is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Spanish Dance - Mischa Elman
- My Own Home Town In Ireland - George MacFarlane
- Perfect Day - Imperial Quartet of Chicago
- He's Got a Bungalow - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?