Thursday 9 February 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 9, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alina Reyes and Christophe Girard.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Des gens sans importance, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Secret Of The Hittites by C.W. Ceram was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1956 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Alina Reyes
- Christophe Girard: French politician, regional councilor for Ile-de-France since 2010 and mayor of the 4th arrondissement of Paris since 2012.
- Phil Ford (basketball)
- Margaret Gilmore: South African-English journalist.
- Philip Jackson Ford Jr: North Carolina, United States -- Basketball player (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Mookie Wilson: American baseball player and coach.
- Phil Ford: American athlete, pro basketball player from 1978-1985, primarily with the Kansas City Royals.
- Amelia Gossage: American heiress upon the death of her wealthy parents when she was a teen.
- KHPL (now KWNB) TV channel 6 in Hayes Center, NB (ABC) 1st broadcast
- R Lacoste follows Catroux as premier of Algeria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?