Wednesday 23 February 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Abel and Martindale Sidwell.
Silas Marner, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1916 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- George Abel: Canada -- Ice hockey player (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Martindale Sidwell: Organist / conductor.
- William Walsh: academic.
- Fran?ois Hervouet: Nantes physician.
- George Clement Martin composer: dies at age 71.
- Congress authorizes McKinley Memorial $1 gold coin
- French artillery kills entire French 72nd division at Samogneux Verdun.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - The Wedding of the Sunshine and the Rose
- Beatrice Fairfax, Tell Me What to Do! - Ada Jones