Sunday 6 February 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Doggett and Gérard Daille.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Charles Swickard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1916 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Bill Doggett: rocker.
- Gérard Daille: French Naval Inspector General who served from 1 October 1975 to 6 February 1977.
- Don Fisher: American baseball player, pitched two games for the New York Giants in 1945.
- G?rard Daille: Jacob-Bellecombette Military man.
- John Crank: English mathematician and physicist (d. 2006).
- Anne C A I van Diest Belgian physician/feminist: dies at age 73.
- Ruben Dario: Nicaraguan writer, one of the greatest poets of the Spanish language; author of "Cantos de Vida y Esperanza," in 1905, considered by some to be his masterpiece and "Poema del otono," (Poem of Autumn) in 1910, considered by others to be his finest work.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 February 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Perfect Day - Imperial Quartet of Chicago
- My Own Home Town In Ireland - George MacFarlane
- Spanish Dance - Mischa Elman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?