Monday 9 February 1942US date format: 2/9/1942, UK date format: 9/2/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 9, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Halley's Comet and Carole King.
The Mad Doctor of Market Street, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1942 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Carole King: American singer and songwriter, a...
- Halley's Comet
- François Jauffret: French tennis player who holds the...
- Carole King [Klein]: in Brooklyn, New York, USA;...
- Charlie Morrow: Composer.
- Francois Jauffret
- Marianna Hill: American actress mostly working in...
- Milos Stedron: Composer.
- Peder Lunde Jr: Norway -- Yachtsman (1960 Olympics -...
- Philadelphia "Phillies" change nickname (temporarily) to "Phils".
- Japanese troops land near Makassar, South Celebes.
- World War II: Top United States military leaders hold their first formal meeting to discuss American military strategy in the war.
- In New York harbor, the USS Lafayette (formerly Normandie) is accidentally ignited by a welding torch during conversion for troopship use. While fighting the fire, too much water poured into the ship capsizes it, setting it on its side in the harbor.
- Year-round Daylight saving time is re-instated in the United States as a wartime measure to help conserve energy resources.