Wednesday 4 February 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 4, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ovidi Montllor and Johnny Gamble.
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1942 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Ovidi Montllor
- Johnny Gamble: rocker (Classics).
- Eugene McRath: American mechanical engineer and CEO in charge of Consolidated Edison Company of New York, a utilities company.
- Joe Sparma: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers (1964 to 1969) and Montreal Expos (1970).
- Clinton Pierce becomes first US General wounded in action in World War II.