Wednesday 4 February 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Gamble and Eugene McRath.
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Windswept Mary by Ellen Chase was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1942 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Johnny Gamble: rocker (Classics).
- Eugene McRath: American mechanical engineer and CEO in charge of Consolidated Edison Company of New York, a utilities company.
- Joe Sparma: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers (1964 to 1969) and Montreal Expos (1970).
- Clinton Pierce becomes first US General wounded in action in World War II.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?