Thursday 19 February 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 19, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth R Kramer American politician (Representative-Republican-Colorado and Paul Krause.
Black Dragons, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1942 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Kenneth R Kramer American politician (Representative-Republican-Colorado: 1979-).
- Paul Krause: American football player.
- Howard Stringer: Welsh-American businessman.
- Will Provine: American biologist historian and academic (d. 2015).
- Frank Abbandando: American gangster (executed) (Born 1910).
- About 150 Japanese warplanes attacked the Australian city of Darwin
- FDR orders detention and internment of all west-coast Japanese-Americans
- Dutch actors protest obligatory membership of Culture Chamber.
- New York Yankees announce 5,000 uniformed soldiers will be admitted free at each of their upcoming home games.
- Bill Longson beats Managoff and Sandor Szabo, to become wrestling champion.
- World War II: President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the executive order 9066, allowing the United States military to relocate Japanese-Americans to Japanese internment camps.
- 23 ampndash the Battle of Sittang Bridge British forces retreat to the Sittang River.