Thursday 12 February 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chananjit Vohra and Lionel Grigson.
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1942 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Chananjit Vohra: Kenyan / British hotel magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Lionel Grigson: Professor of Jazz.
- Rick Frank: Rocker.
- Ehud Barak Israeli politician Prime Minister of Israel (1999: 2001).
- Pat Dobson: American baseball player (d. 2006).
- Ehud Barak: Israeli military, an army chief turned statesman. In June 1999 he became the Prime Minister, replacing Netanyahu. Hoping to create peace with Syria, he instigated a series of talks that did not bear fruit in 1999. He called for face-to-face talks with Syrian P.M. Hafez Assad, rather than the Minister of Foreign Affairs, in January 2000, but his request was turned down.
- Jacques Ayotte: Canadian nuclear physicist
- John Donovan: American technology and business professor formerly at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Donovan is the author of eight books including "The Second Industrial Revolution" and is an esteemed business lecturer and consultant. Founder of a dozen companies, he considers himself a "visionary" and has achieved great wealth through his business acumen and ideas.
- Michael Elphick: Australian producer-director of TV commercials.
- Grant Wood: American painter (American Gothic), dies at age 49.
- 3 German battle cruisers escape via Channel to Brest N Germany
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?