Thursday 12 February 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 12, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ehud Barak and Michael Elphick (producer-director).
The Mad Doctor of Market Street, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1942 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Ehud Barak: Israeli military, an army chief turned statesman.
- Michael Elphick (producer-director)
- Peter Snape
- John J Donovan
- Pat Dobson: American baseball player (d. 2006).
- Jacques Ayotte: Canadian nuclear physicist.
- Chananjit Vohra: Kenyan / British hotel magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Michael Elphick: Australian producer-director of TV commercials.
- John Donovan: American technology and business professor formerly at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Donovan is the author of eight books including "The Second Industrial Revolution" and is an esteemed business lecturer and consultant.
- Lionel Grigson: Professor of Jazz.
- Rick Frank: Rocker.
- Ehud Barak Israeli politician Prime Minister of Israel (1999: 2001).
- Grant Wood: American painter (American Gothic), dies at age 49.
- 3 German battle cruisers escape via Channel to Brest N Germany