Sunday 22 February 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Keeler and Jean Puech.
Black Dragons, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1942 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Christine Keeler: British party girl who had a short and sporty stint with the Rolls Royce and caviar crowd in 1963.
- Jean Puech
- Harvey Laidman: American film director, he directed "Steel Cowboy" (1978), "Flatbush" (1979), and "The Boy Who Loved Trolls" (1984).
- Stefan Zweig: Austrian writer, a novelist, son of a wealthy Jewish textile manufacturer and his wife who came from a Jewish banker family.
- World War II: President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders General Douglas MacArthur out of the Philippines as the Japanese victory becomes inevitable.