Thursday 5 February 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emile Ajar and Roger Staubach.
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1942 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Emile Ajar
- Roger Staubach: American football quarterback, one of the all-time greats, winner of the Heisman Trophy 11/26/1963.
- Paul Pavlowitch: French writer, who is a nephew of the French writer Romain Gary.
- Cory Wells in Buffalo: New York, USA; rock vocalist (Three Dog Night - "Joy to the World").
- Cory Wells: American singer (Three Dog Night).
- Woman of the Year, starring Hepburn and Tracy opens at Radio City
- Braves get Tommy Holmes from Yanks for Buddy Hassett and Gene Moore