Monday 2 February 1942US date format: 2/2/1942, UK date format: 2/2/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 2, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Graham Nash and Bo Hopkins.
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1942 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Graham Nash: British-American musician and founding...
- Bo Hopkins: American actor.
- Christine Keeler: Model.
- Bo Hopkins in Greenville: South Carolina, USA; actor (Dynasty, Doc...
- Barry Diller: founder (Fox-TV).
- Jang Sung-taek: North Korean politician (d. 2013).
- Daniil Kharms: Soviet-era surrealist and absurdist...
- LA Times urges security measures against Japanese-Americans
- US auto factories switch from commercial to war production.
- Los Angeles Times urges security measures against Japanese-Americans.
- WWII: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signs an executive order directing the internment of Japanese Americans and the seizure of their property.