Monday February 02, 1942
US date format: 2/2/1942, UK date format: 2/2/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 2, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Graham Nash and Bo Hopkins.
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 02, 1942?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- See more
- US auto factories switch from commercial to war production.
- Los Angeles Times urges security measures against Japanese-Americans.
- WWII: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signs an executive order directing the internment of Japanese Americans and the seizure of their property.
- Daniil Kharms: Soviet-era surrealist and absurdist...
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial