Sunday 9 May 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Adams and Celia Sanchez.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1920 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Richard Adams: Author (Day Gone By).
- Frank Perdue: American poultry farmer (Born 1920).
- Celia Sanchez: Cuban revolutionary, politician, researcher and archivist.
- Jean Cardot: Chamb?ry Military man.
- William Tenn: English-American author and academic (d. 2010).