Thursday 9 June 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Agnes Keleti and Jerry Dunphy.
Entgleist, directed by William Karfiol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1921 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Agnes Keleti: Hungary -- Gymnist (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jerry Dunphy: American newscaster, a journalist for over 40 years.
- Brenda Frazier: American socialite, the "Debutante of the Year" in 1938.
- Jean Lacouture: French historian, journalist and writer, famous for his biographies including the lives of Ho Chi Minh, Nasser, Léon Blum, De Gaulle, François Mauriac, Pierre Mendès-France, Mitterrand, Montesquieu, Montaigne, Malraux, Germaine Tillion, Champollion, Rivière, Stendhal and Kennedy.
- Arthur Hertzberg: American rabbi and scholar (d. 2006).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Ain't Got Nobody - Marion Harris
- Kitten On the Keys - Zez Confrey & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?