Thursday 9 June 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Lacouture and Brenda Frazier.
The Love Punch, directed by Joel Hopkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1921 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Jean Lacouture: French historian, journalist and writer, famous for his biographies including the lives of Ho Chi Minh, Nasser, Léon Blum, De Gaulle, François Mauriac, Pierre Mendès-France, Mitterrand, Montesquieu, Montaigne, Malraux, Germaine Tillion, Champollion, Rivière, Stendhal and Kennedy.
- Brenda Frazier: American socialite, the "Debutante of the Year" in 1938.
- Jerry Dunphy: American newscaster, a journalist for over 40 years.
- LeRoy Neiman: Artist.
- Agnes Keleti: Hungary -- Gymnist (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Arthur Hertzberg: American rabbi and scholar (d. 2006).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Aileen Stanley
- I Never Knew - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Make Believe - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Make Believe - Nora Bayes (Charles Prince Orchestra)