Thursday 22 November 1928US date format: 11/22/1928, UK date format: 22/11/1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 22, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Arden and Mel Hutchins.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1928 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Martine Arden: France Actor.
- Mel Hutchins
- Willie Fernie (footballer)
- David Judelson: American business executive, with gulf and western industries inc.
- Juno Stover-Irwin: United States -- Diver (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Tim Beaumont: English priest and politician (d. 2008).
- Teddy Vrignault: French comedian and actor who, with André Gaillard, formed the comedy duo "Les Frères ennemis," popular in the 1960s and 1970s in France.
- Pat Smythe: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian jumper (1956 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Timothy Beaumont: British noble (d. 2008).
- Bolero by Maurice Ravel, 1st performed publicly (Paris)
- The premier performance of Ravel's Bolero takes place in Paris.
- Maurice Ravel's ''Boléro'' premieres at the Paris Opéra.