Thursday 22 November 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Arden and Mel Hutchins.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 22 November 1928 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Martine Arden: France Actor.
- Mel Hutchins
- Willie Fernie (footballer)
- Timothy Beaumont: British noble (d. 2008).
- David Judelson: American business executive, with gulf and western industries inc.
- Teddy Vrignault: French comedian and actor who, with André Gaillard, formed the comedy duo "Les Frères ennemis," popular in the 1960s and 1970s in France.
- Tim Beaumont: English priest and politician (d. 2008).
- Juno Stover-Irwin: United States -- Diver (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Pat Smythe: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian jumper (1956 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Bolero by Maurice Ravel, 1st performed publicly (Paris)
- The premier performance of Ravel's Bolero takes place in Paris.
- Maurice Ravel's ''Boléro'' premieres at the Paris Opéra.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?