Thursday 29 November 1928US date format: 11/29/1928, UK date format: 29/11/1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Lamond and Paul Simon (politician).
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1928 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- James Lamond
- Paul Simon (politician)
- Paul Simon: American politician, a liberal Democrat who entered the race for the presidency in May 1987.
- Michel Mangenot: Lille Military man.
- Tahir Salahov: Azerbaijani painter and educator.
- Ernie Vossler: American golfer (d. 2013).