Wednesday 28 November 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Okun and John Coleman.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1928 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Arthur Okun: American economist and government official, he established what is known in economics as Okun's Law.
- Edward LeBone Molotlegi: Chief of the Bafokeng.
- John Coleman: Australian rules footballer (d. 1973).
- Arthur Melvin Okun: American economist (d. 1980).
- Claude Rousseau: Dinard EXecutives.
- Piet Steenbergen: Dutch footballer and manager (d. 2010).