Friday 16 November 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clu Gulager in Holdenville and Red Duke.
The Wind, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1928 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Clu Gulager in Holdenville: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Virginian, Survivors, Tall Man).
- Red Duke: American trauma surgeon and professor at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, where he worked on-site from 1972.
- Clu Gulager: American actor and director.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?