Sunday 9 December 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dick van Patten and Dick Van Patten in Queens.
A Woman of Affairs, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1928 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Dick van Patten
- Dick Van Patten in Queens: New York, USA; actor (Tom Bradford - Eight is Enough).
- Andre Milhoux: Belgian racing driver.
- Dick Van Patten: American stage, screen and TV actor who is best known for the TV series, "Eight Is Enough," 1977-1981.
- Joan Blos: American author and educator.
- André Milhoux: Belgian race car driver.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Sorry, Sally - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?