Saturday 10 November 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ennio Morricone and Paul-Marie de la Gorce.
Laundry Man, directed by Johan Vandewoestijne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1928 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Ennio Morricone: Italian musician, a composer and arranger who has written scores for more than 400 movies and TV series.
- Paul-Marie de la Gorce
- Norma Crane: New York, United States -- Actress (Tea & Sympathy, Fiddler on the Roof).
- William Staveley: British Admiral.
- Paul-Marie De La Gorce: French journalist, writer and historian who died on 1 December 2004 in Neuilly-sur-Seine.
- Hirohito ascended throne as Emperor of Japan
- Enthronement ceremony of Japanese Emperor Hirohito is held, after some two years since he actually took the Imperial throne on December 26, 1926, the following day of the demise of Emperor Taishō.