Wednesday 9 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon J Humphrey and Hans Ulrich Humpert.
The Great Dictator, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1940 ?
- Gordon J Humphrey: (Sen-R-New Hampshire, 1979- ).
- Hans Ulrich Humpert: Composer.
- John Lennon: British musician, an icon in popular culture, Lennon became a megastar in the internationally renowned rock 'n roll group, "The Beatles," followed by a solo career that reflected the angst of the times.
- Susan Lucas: American writer, a contemporary novelist and author of "Steropticon" and "Fat Emily.
- Gordon Humphrey: American soldier pilot and politician.
- Joe Pepitone: baseball player (New York Yankees first baseman).
- Wilfred Grenfell: English medical missionary to Newfoundland and Labrador (Born 1865).
- World War II: Battle of Britain : During a night-time air raid by the German Luftwaffe, St. Paul's Cathedral in the City of London, England is hit by a bomb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?