Wednesday 9 October 1940US date format: 10/9/1940, UK date format: 9/10/1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 9, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Lennon and Susan Lucas.
The Great Dictator, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1940 ?
- John Lennon: British musician, an icon in popular...
- Susan Lucas: American writer, a contemporary novelist...
- Gordon J Humphrey: (Sen-R-New Hampshire, 1979- ).
- Hans Ulrich Humpert: Composer.
- Gordon Humphrey: American soldier pilot and politician.
- Joe Pepitone: baseball player (New York Yankees first...
- Wilfred Grenfell: English medical missionary to...
- World War II: Battle of Britain : During a night-time air raid by the German Luftwaffe, St. Paul's Cathedral in the City of London, England is hit by a bomb.