Monday 9 September 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Nougaro and Raine Spencer Countess Spencer.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1929 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Claude Nougaro: French songwriter, singer, painter and poet.
- Raine Spencer Countess Spencer
- Stan Parris: (Rep-R-Virginia, 1973-74, 81- ).
- Countess Spencer: British noted family, the daughter of writer Barbara Cartland and step-mother to Princess Diana.