Monday 9 September 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Nougaro and Raine Spencer Countess Spencer.
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dodsworth by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1929 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Claude Nougaro: French songwriter, singer, painter and poet.
- Raine Spencer Countess Spencer
- Stan Parris: (Rep-R-Virginia, 1973-74, 81- ).
- Countess Spencer: British noted family, the daughter of writer Barbara Cartland and step-mother to Princess Diana.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?