Monday 10 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Annakin and Jeff Corey.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1914 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Ken Annakin
- Jeff Corey: NYC, New York -- Actor (Getting Straight, Superman & Mole Men).
- Tove Jansson: Novelist.
- Carlos Menditeguy: Argentinian race car driver and polo player (d. 1973).
- Ray Smith: British actor (And Then You Die), dies at 55.
- At Luik, German 12 / 16.5 guns reach Belgian boundary
- German battle cruiser Goeben reaches Dardanellen / Turkey joins Germany
- German troops reconquer Mulhouse in Elzas
- Charles S. Hamlin begins tenure as first Federal Reserve Board chairman.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell