Saturday 10 January 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Gallimard and Polly Rowles.
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1914 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Claude Gallimard: France -- Publisher.
- Polly Rowles: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Aunt Laurie-Jamie).
- Ronald Davison: British President of the Astrological Lodge of the Theosophical Society; London, and the editor of "The Astrology Magazine.
- Pierre Cogan: French cyclist (d. 2013).
- Yu Kuo-hwa: Chinese politician 23rd Premier of the Republic of China (d. 2000).
- Oscar Mathisen skates world record 500 minutes in 43.7 seconds in Oslo.
- Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa's troops take Ojinaga in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Sing Thee Songs of Araby - John McCormack
- On the Old Fall River Line - Billy Murray
- My Wonderful Dream Girl - John Barnes Wells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?