Wednesday 14 January 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Russell and Selahattin Ülkümen.
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1914 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Harold Russell: Canadian-American soldier and actor (d. 2002).
- Selahattin Ülkümen: Turkish diplomat (d. 2003).
- Henry Ford introduces assembly line, for T-Fords.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Sing Thee Songs of Araby - John McCormack
- On the Old Fall River Line - Billy Murray
- My Wonderful Dream Girl - John Barnes Wells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?