Tuesday 13 January 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James MacKenzie and Jijé .
Traffic in Souls, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1914 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- James MacKenzie
- Lord Ted Willis: British television dramatist (d. 1992).
- Jijé : Belgian author of comics strips, real name Joseph Gillain, pen name Jijé, best known for being a seminal artist on the Spirou et Fantasio strip (and for having introduced the Fantasio character) and the creator of one of the first major European western strips, Jerry Spring.
- James Mackenzie: Scottish diplomat who entered the diplomatic service in 1938.
- Osa Massen: Danish-American actress (d. 2006).
- Ted Willis: Baron Willis English author playwright and screenwriter (d. 1992).
- IWW-leader/songwriter Joe Hill arrested "Girl from Utah" East-Prussia.