Tuesday 13 January 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James MacKenzie and Jijé .
Traffic in Souls, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1914 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- James MacKenzie
- Lord Ted Willis: British television dramatist (d. 1992).
- Jijé : Belgian author of comics strips, real name Joseph Gillain, pen name Jijé, best known for being a seminal artist on the Spirou et Fantasio strip (and for having introduced the Fantasio character) and the creator of one of the first major European western strips, Jerry Spring.
- James Mackenzie: Scottish diplomat who entered the diplomatic service in 1938.
- Osa Massen: Danish-American actress (d. 2006).
- Ted Willis: Baron Willis English author playwright and screenwriter (d. 1992).
- IWW-leader/songwriter Joe Hill arrested "Girl from Utah" East-Prussia.