Monday 26 January 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Hadice and Kaye Webb.
Mabel's Strange Predicament, directed by Mabel Normand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1914 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Kaye Webb: English writer / publisher (Puffin Club).
- Princess Hadice: Hayriye Ayshe Durruhsehvar (d. 2006).
- Elsa De Giorgi: Italian film actress and a member of the House of Giorgi.
- Stenersen Twins: Norwegian actresses who appeared in revues, comedies, and operettas.
- Durru: Princess Durru Shehvar of the Ottoman Empire (d. 2006).
- 600 Dutch textile workers go on strike.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Walter Van Brunt
- When It's Apple Blossom time in Normandy - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
- The Girl I Left Behind Me - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- If We Were On Our Honeymoon - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison