Thursday 1 January 1914, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Noor Inayat Khan and Muhammad Hasan al-Rashid.
Traffic in Souls, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1914 ?
- Noor Inayat Khan: Indian princess and SOE agent (d. 1944).
- Muhammad Hasan al-Rashid: Egyptian social and political reformer of the group known as Al-Amir (Prince) Jamiat al-Ikhwan al-Muslim.
- Noor Khan: Allied SOE agent during the Second World War.
- Paul Beyer: Eguisheim physician.
- 1st scheduled airline flight, St. Petersburg-Tampa (Tony Jannus pilot)
- Northern and Southern Nigeria united in British colony of Nigeria.