Friday 2 January 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Violet Vivian Finlay Stuart Mann and Kenny Clarke.
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1914 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Violet Vivian Finlay Stuart Mann: British writer (d. 1986).
- Kenny Clarke: American drummer and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 1985).
- Noor Khan: Russian-English SOE agent (d. 1944).
- Philips installs research department in Eindhoven.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- On the Honeymoon Express - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?