Friday 2 January 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Violet Vivian Finlay Stuart Mann and Kenny Clarke.
Traffic in Souls, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1914 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Violet Vivian Finlay Stuart Mann: British writer (d. 1986).
- Kenny Clarke: American drummer and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 1985).
- Noor Khan: Russian-English SOE agent (d. 1944).
- Philips installs research department in Eindhoven.