Wednesday 10 January 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 10, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christophe Payet and Guy Chevrette.
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1940 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Christophe Payet
- Guy Chevrette: Quebec politician.
- Ntare VI of Ankole: Omugabe of Nkole.
- Yesudas: Indian playback singer and classical musician.
- Harry Gant: American racing driver.
- Walter Hill: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Ntare VI: Ntare VI of Ankole (d. 2011).
- K Yesudas: Indian singer-songwriter and actor.
- Godfrey Hewitt: English geneticist and academic (d. 2013).
- WWII: Mechelen Incident: A German plane carrying secret plans for the invasion of western Europe makes a forced landing in Belgium, leading to mobilization of defense forces in the Low Countries.