Thursday 18 January 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Demaret and Graham Wade.
The Grapes of Wrath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1940 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Michel Demaret: Dutch politician and mayor of Brussels who began his career as a wrestler, then as a bouncer of the "La Fregate" dance club before competing in the political arena.
- Graham Wade: British writer and researcher of the lives of great musicians.
- Pat Britt
- Pedro Rodriguez: Mexican race car driver (d. 1971).
- Kazimierz P Tetmajer: Polish writer / Poet (Young Poland), dies at 74.