Monday 8 January 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cristy Lane and Little Anthony [Gourdine].
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1940 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Cristy Lane: United States -- Country / gospel singer.
- Little Anthony [Gourdine]: Rocker (Imperials).
- Anthony Gaurdine: rocker (Little Anthony and Imperials - "Goin' Out of My Head").
- François Richard: French Roman Catholic missionary, known as one of the "White Fathers" (Pères Blancs in French), named after their habit.
- Mark Bretscher: English biologist and academic.
- World War II: Britain introduces food rationing.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?