Sunday 14 January 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Bond and Nicky Buchwald.
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1940 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Julian Bond: American politician, educator and TV commentator.
- Nicky Buchwald
- Roland Metzinger
- Wayne Hightower
- Trevor Nunn: English director and composer.
- Julian Bond in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; American politician (Democrat-Georgia), civil rights leader.
- Vasilka Stoeva: Bulgarian discus thrower.
- Sir Trevor Nunn: English theatre director and film director.
- Ron Kostelnik: American football player (Born 1940).
- Siegmund Nimsgern: German opera singer.
- Commissioner Kenesaw Landis gives free agency to 91 Detroit Tigers.
- NFL Pro Bowl: Green Bay Packers beat NFL All-Stars 16-7.