Monday 22 January 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 22, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Hurt and George Seifert.
British Intelligence, directed by Terry O. Morse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1940 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- John Hurt: British actor whose TV roles as the celebrated homosexual, Quentin Crisp, in "The Naked Civil Servant" and Caligula in "I, Claudius," are widely acclaimed.
- George Seifert: American football coach, the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, champions at the 1990 and the 1995 Super Bowl.
- Eberhard Weber: Musician.
- Tilo Medek: German composer.
- Addie "Micki" Harris in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; singer (Shirelles - "Soldier Boy").
- Gillian Shephard: English educator and politician Secretary of State for Education.
- 1st radio broadcast of Road to Happiness on CBS