Monday 22 January 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tilo Medek and Addie "Micki" Harris in Passaic.
The Fighting 69th, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1940 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Tilo Medek: German composer.
- Addie "Micki" Harris in Passaic: New Jersey, USA; singer (Shirelles - "Soldier Boy").
- John Hurt: British actor whose TV roles as the celebrated homosexual, Quentin Crisp, in "The Naked Civil Servant" and Caligula in "I, Claudius," are widely acclaimed.
- George Seifert: American football coach, the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, champions at the 1990 and the 1995 Super Bowl.
- Gillian Shephard: English educator and politician Secretary of State for Education.
- 1st radio broadcast of Road to Happiness on CBS
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?