Saturday 20 January 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Poujouly and Carol Heiss.
The Grapes of Wrath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1940 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Georges Poujouly: French actor, singer and poet.
- Carol Heiss: American figure skater and actress.
- Silvano Marelli: Italian terrorist.
- Georges Poulouly: France Actor.
- Jorge Peixinho: Composer.
- Mandé Sidibé: Malian economist and politician Prime Minister of Mali (d. 2009).
- Krishnam Raju: Indian actor and politician.
- Carol Heiss Jenkins in New York City: New York, USA; figure skater (Olympics-gold/silver-1956, 1960).
- Omar Bundy: American army general (Born 1861).