Saturday 20 January 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Poujouly and Carol Heiss.
The Fighting 69th, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 January 1940 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Georges Poujouly: French actor, singer and poet.
- Carol Heiss: American figure skater and actress.
- Carol Heiss Jenkins in New York City: New York, USA; figure skater (Olympics-gold/silver-1956, 1960).
- Silvano Marelli: Italian terrorist.
- Georges Poulouly: France Actor.
- Krishnam Raju: Indian actor and politician.
- Mandé Sidibé: Malian economist and politician Prime Minister of Mali (d. 2009).
- Jorge Peixinho: Composer.
- Omar Bundy: American army general (Born 1861).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?